Sunday, August 3, 2008

the streets are alive with graffiti!

So Amsterdam is amazing... it feels so alive and vibrant here. There art galleries and shops, museums, bookstores for every imaginable genre, open air markets, infinite ethnic cuisines, comic stores, record stores, and other awesome shops (the best one I found today... Kitsche Kitchen!) But I have to say that one of my favorite things about Amsterdam is the graffiti... it's everywhere and it is bright, colorful, political, radical, ridiculous, and fun. I've always liked places better with graffiti, even back home... to me, I see it as a creative way of people leaving their mark, to say "I'm here! I'm alive!" Anyway, back home I don't see graffiti that is anything like this. It's not just tagging or destruction, it's truly art. So I thought I would post my favorites...



amsterdam graffiti

No comments: